Legislation, regulations and rules for the PCEHR
The Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records Act 2012 and the associated Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records (Consequential Amendments) Act 2012 were assented to on 26 June 2012.
Healthcare organisations wishing to participate in the eHealth record system must also comply with the technical specifications and requirements in the PCEHR Rules 2012. Detailed information is provided on www.ehealth.gov.au to help healthcare organisations understand the requirements associated with registering for and participating in the personally controlled electronic health record system.Background - development of legislation and rules and the consultation process
Bills introduced in Parliament
- Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records Bill 2011
- Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2011
- Exposure Draft Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records Bill 2011
- Exposure Draft Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2011
- PCEHR System: Draft Exposure Legislation - companion document
- PCEHR System: Legislation Issues Paper
- View submissions received for the PCEHR Legislation Issues Paper and Exposure Draft Bills 2011
The Tobacco Plain Packaging Information Kit provides practical information on the responsibilities and obligations of retailers and other suppliers of tobacco products under the new Tobacco Plain Packaging Act 2011.
eHealth.gov.au is your gateway to Australia's personally controlled electronic health record system, linking you to information about eHealth records and the system itself. Visit www.ehealth.gov.au
On 20 April 2012, the Prime Minister and Minister Butler unveiled a comprehensive package of reforms to build a better, fairer, more sustainable and more nationally consistent aged care system.